Whether you are moving to a new house or renovating the existing one, if you want to add subtle luxury to your home, there’s nothing better than a designer hand-tufted rug. Rugs have been trending since the middle ages; even today, their demand hasn’t decreased. Carpets are worth the investment but only when you are fully prepared for them. Hand-tufted carpets have become famous in the past years among the wide range of carpet choices.
Hand tufting is a more recent method that combines the old skill of weaving with contemporary technologies. The weaver begins with a sheet of canvas or similar material and pulls wool strands through it with a tufting gun or tool. Carpetmaestros.com offers a variety of hand-tufted rugs that will improve the comfort of your area. Here are 5 things you should know before purchasing a designer hand-tufted rug.
- Identify if it’s really handmade: The last couple of decades have been full of innovations in all sections of the world. The carpet industry has also not been untouched by the handy innovations that can produce carpets in bulk within hours. And it is where the real problem begins. For the present generation, it has become challenging to tell whether the carpet is really handmade or has been produced by machine. A hand-tufted rug is latex-glued on the back and made on a canvas. The base of a hand-tufted rug can is covered with cloth or canvas.
- Choosing the right shape: Hand tufting is a relatively new method that combines the old trade of weaving with contemporary technologies. Hand-tufting is accomplished by the weaver beginning with a sheet of canvas or similar material and pulling wool strands through it using a tufting gun or tool. While most people believe hand-tufted rugs are rectangular, they are incorrect. Buying a rectangle rug is unnecessary; you may select any shape based on your area. Carpetmaestros.com offers a variety of hand-tufted rugs that will enhance the comfort of your area.
- Go through the maintenance guide: A carpet is undoubtedly a luxury item that can enhance the look and feel of your home, but it should not do that at the cost of high financing. You should consider the carpet’s maintenance before purchasing it. It can be done by looking at your family members. Families with children or dogs should avoid shag carpets because keeping them nice and clean is hard. Additionally, you should avoid light-coloured carpets in the same scenario because such carpets are easily damaged with stains.
- Align the carpet color with the interior: Getting a sample of your shortlisted carpets is easy. Try collecting samples of your preferred carpet options and distributing them across your area. Examine how different lighting conditions influence the same. Because the philosophy of light is incredibly complex, you should examine how the shifting tones of the carpet fit with the furniture and other décor pieces in your home. The perfect carpet for your house should complement the interior design of your house.
- Plan the budget: Although you may be in a hurry to choose the perfect carpet for your house, you should also check your spending limit to determine which price range is within your budget. It would be best if you also considered where you want your carpet to go because the most expensive carpet is stain-resistant. They should have less expensive carpeting to lessen the chance of footmarks because they are utilized more frequently and for shorter periods than other sites, such as the basement and staircases.